[WikiEN-l] Spoiler Boilerplates

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 21:11:18 UTC 2006

On 6/23/06, Kirill Lokshin <kirill.lokshin at gmail.com> wrote:
> I suspect, though, that it matters to our *readers*  (you know, those
> people we're supposed to be writing this thing for).  It costs us
> nothing to add a template to an article about a movie noting that the
> surprise ending is revealed; and while most readers may not care,
> there are some that, desiring to avoid reading such materials, will
> thank us for our foresight in providing such a warning.

And it would be so nice if we would say "THE ENDING IS REVEALED IN THE
NEXT PARAGRAPH"

The boat sinks.

"YOU CAN START READING AGAIN"

As opposed to stamping "Somewhere in this article, the plot of this
film may be discussed" indiscriminately on all film or TV articles.
Which is worth zero to anyone.

Steve