[WikiEN-l] Monobook suddenly changed?

Phil Boswell phil.boswell at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 11:35:04 UTC 2006

Alphax (Wikipedia email) wrote:

> Commons has one of the best that I've seen; it was taken from de.wp,
> de.wikt and en.wikt - the code for it is at
> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Edittools.js

Something like this was tried on enwiki, but IIRC had the unfortunate
side-effect of increasing the load-time for each page to a scary number of
whole seconds.

The version at commons certainly seems to have no such problem, and it would
be interesting to compare the two: is the difference because of a better
implementation or something inherent to the two wikis?

HTH HAND
--
Phil