[WikiEN-l] Monobook suddenly changed?

Matt Brown morven at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 15:43:56 UTC 2006

On 6/22/06, Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a way of being notified of these changes before they suddenly appear?

Technically these are not changes to the monobook skin itself but to
some of the messages (from the msg: namespace) that are transcluded
into the interface by it.  These messages are editable (although many
are protected and thus editable only by admins) and there has not
been, up to now, any formal procedure for approving changes to them.
They are handled like policy pages and the like.

Currently we have no global warnings if someone edits policy pages either.

Perhaps it would be a good idea, but it would be a significant change
to the way things are done.

-Matt