[WikiEN-l] Oversight log

Fred Bauder fredbaud at ctelco.net
Thu Jun 22 12:06:54 UTC 2006

On Jun 22, 2006, at 1:00 AM, stevertigo wrote:

> Understanding that legal systems are not always
> reasonable, WM cant reasonably be responsible for
> everything in the history of its articles. And to say
> the risk is great is simply to court the clique of
> privelege who think they can simply make a phone call
> and get things deleted through a privileged legalistic
> and back-door process -- for what everyone else does
> with the edit button.
>
> Stevertigo

You say you understand that "legal systems are not always
reasonable". But you do not connect the dots. We can take steps to
reduce the chance we will be the victim of judicial unreasonableness.
As to the clique of privilege, there is a small stratum in society
which has the money, power and prestige to use the legal system (or
effectively publicize their distress). We do not court them, they are
simply more confident that a complaint will be responded too, so are
more likely to complain. A complaint from anyone would hopefully
receive equal consideration.

Fred