[WikiEN-l] Category:<Subjective-pejorative>, weak consensus, and ! NPOV

stevertigo vertigosteve at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 22 01:04:25 UTC 2006

I dont write here much anymore, but this is blatent
POV enough to mention.

I just told User:Drboisclair on his talk about how,
lacking any editorial guidance where consensus is
weak, non-standard strategies can work, I said:
* "If necessary we can even add Category:Anti-Arab
people to various pages to illustrate our point, but
first we should simply write something to wikien."

Of course when I start putting Category:Anti-Arab
people on various pages, people should rightly revert
me. Such a subjective categorization, as its based on
mere political rhetoric, or actions, should be
regarded as drastically POV.

[[Category:Anti-Semitic people]] on the other hand
seems to get more leeway:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Categories_for_deletion/Log/2006_June_13#Category:Anti-Semitic_people_to_Category:Anti-Semitism_.28people.29

I believe this is basic bonehead-level NPOV people,
and  it should be a good lesson to resolve it. As
interesting as it is to organize people by their
faulty views, doing so in this manner only reveals our
own  faulty adherence to the holy prime directive. And
if youre one of those people who has to ask what that
is...

Basic stuff, people
Stevertigo