[WikiEN-l] MS Word to Wiki markup converter

Gunter News2006 at freenet.de
Mon Jun 19 00:42:01 UTC 2006

Hello,

I think it is time to inform the community about the Word2MediaWikiPlus
converter I wrote:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Word2MediaWikiPlus

Download macro and installer directly:
http://www.beadsoft.de/files/Word2MediaWikiPlus.zip

To improve the acceptance of the wiki software in our company I needed a
user friendly converter.

This converter comes with an installation routine, has comfortably
dialog boxes and works with the english and german office versions.

If you have MS Photo Editor installed, it will extract and upload images
from the document, too.

It converts most things found in normal documents, like

- text formatting and colors
- headings
- lists
- tables, also nested
- images
- footnotes
- page headers and footers
- text boxes
- framed paragraphs

By now I find it easier to write in Word and convert, especially tables.
This macro can be used as an image extractor of the document, without
any wiki usage.

It has been extensivly tested and can be considered as a stable beta
release.

Since the macro can be localized, I would like contact to users, who use
a non german and non english Microsoft office.

Enjoy,
Gunter