[WikiEN-l] Username blocks on companies

Erik Moeller eloquence at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 01:25:55 UTC 2006

I don't know how common this is:

# 01:30, June 19, 2006 RadioKirk blocked "Shout magazine (contribs)"
with an expiry time of indefinite (username, existing company)
# 01:02, June 19, 2006 RadioKirk blocked "Shi star entertainment
(contribs)" with an expiry time of indefinite (username, existing
company)
# 21:04, June 18, 2006 RadioKirk blocked "ParsInternet (contribs)"
with an expiry time of indefinite (Username (name of existing
company))
# 00:59, June 19, 2006 RadioKirk blocked "Hammond Publishing
(contribs)" with an expiry time of indefinite (username, existing
company)

Given that we probably want people to identify who they work for,
especially when editing articles where this is relevant, is it a good
idea to block company accounts without any edits on sight? If so,
perhaps we should at least modify the talk plage template to indicate
to the user how they can put the company information on their user
page? See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Hammond_Publishing
for an example of the current template.

Erik