[WikiEN-l] Delete Daniel Brandt

poore5 at adelphia.net poore5 at adelphia.net
Tue Jun 13 19:57:33 UTC 2006

<Snip>
> I made my name and my information publically viewable because I don't
> believe that these people can actually hurt me in any concrete way. Maybe
> that was naive but I still can't think of how. They can be annoying and
> harassing, but if I don't let it get to me, it won't. Part of administrative
> responsibility is having the force of will to brush aside the people who
> don't deserve the recognition that giving a damn about them or what they do
> gives them.
>
> Ryan

Ryan,

Harassment and stalking are crimes for a reason. Though you probably don't mean to be dismissive of victims of these crimes, you come across that way when you say that  you "don't let it get to you". The psychological trauma from harassment and stalking is real. Wikipedia needs to do a better job identifying the people that have harmed by this abuse and supporting them through the experience. This is a wise course of action for many reasons.

Sydney