[WikiEN-l] Delete Daniel Brandt

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Mon Jun 12 22:05:38 UTC 2006

Andrew Gray wrote:

>It's just a lot easier to do this when someone's been so kind as to
>point the article out for us, when it slipped past new-pages
>patrollers, rather than wait for someone else to stumble across it and
>suggest deletion. The community does have - not in this case,
>particularly, but generally speaking - an overly "censorship! no!"
>reaction to "could you please get rid of this trivial article?", even
>in cases where the request is honest, well-meant, and polite. We
>should really work on that.

Wouldn't it be easier to mark it for speedy-deletion and see what
happens instead of outright deleting upon request?  If indeed the case
is as obvious as you say, then it should be taken care of by the
speedy-deletion category cleanup crew in relatively short order, which
will in some sense ratify the decision to delete it by at least one
other person.  That's normally what I do in all but the most obvious cases.

-Mark