[WikiEN-l] "refactoring" signatures

Death Phoenix originaldeathphoenix at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 15:12:37 UTC 2006

On 6/12/06, Mark Gallagher <m.g.gallagher at student.canberra.edu.au> wrote:

> Yes, but inadvertantly.  I'm sure some helpful anon will be along soon
> to "correct" the "misspelling" and give us yet another one of those zs
> (sorry, zees).
>
> By the way, could we kinda stop using "Br" or "BrE" or "British English"
> to refer to variants of English that aren't American?  There's a big,
> wonderful, English-speaking world out there that aren't American, and we
> aren't British, either.

And there's also Canadian English. I've written in both Canadian English and
Australian English, and to tell you the truth, I don't remember all the
exact differences apart from the obvious ones. I just know than Canadian
English and Australian English have a lot more in common with British
English than American English, and therefore I say that I prefer "British
English". I'm not going to say "I prefer to use Australian English, British
English, and Canadian English", when quite clearly, the style I prefer to
use has a lot to do with British English than American English (although it
would be cool to say that I use "ABC-English").