[WikiEN-l] "refactoring" signatures

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 12:10:24 UTC 2006

On 6/12/06, Mark Gallagher <m.g.gallagher at student.canberra.edu.au> wrote:
> By the way, could we kinda stop using "Br" or "BrE" or "British English"
> to refer to variants of English that aren't American?  There's a big,
> wonderful, English-speaking world out there that aren't American, and we
> aren't British, either.

Got a better term? Wikipedia sometimes uses "Commonwealth English" but
I've never heard it outside that context. Probably the best would be
something descriptive, like "ize" English vs "ise", sort of like
Languedoc and Languedoïl in France (or zezeo (sp?) in Spanish).

I don't think Australia really uses British spelling...we use a
variety of spelling generally closer to the British end of the scale,
but we're not that fussy.

Steve