[WikiEN-l] Delete Daniel Brandt

Phil Boswell phil.boswell at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 09:57:12 UTC 2006

Phil Sandifer wrote:

> On Jun 11, 2006, at 4:44 PM, Oskar Sigvardsson wrote:
>> 1)We delete the article.
>> Pros of 1)
>> * Daniel Brandt might stop being an ass.
> Well, I was suggesting we confirm that he'd stop before we did it, to
> clarify.

I for one would love to see the magic peanut which would guarantee that his
promises would stick.

Given his current _modus operandi_, why ever would you believe him if he
said that he would stop?

How ever would you confirm likewise that nobody would seek to emulate him?
How would you check that he was not passing on his information, sources and
methods to some other nut-job who would turn out ten times as pernicious?
Can you imagine an organisation with already-proven willingness to kill,
like some of those anti-abortion activists you have in the USA? Would you
like them to get the idea that they could "control the content of
Wikipedia"?

HTH HAND
--
Phil
...who doesn't usually construct an entire paragraph out of questions, but