[WikiEN-l] Delete Daniel Brandt

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Mon Jun 12 02:57:43 UTC 2006

Sarah wrote:
> Being utilitarian is notoriously difficult, because how many of the
> foreseeable consequences do you factor in? If you want to be
> rigorously consequentialist, factor in the serious physical assault
> (or worse) of an admin, or an admin's kids.

Has anything like this even been threatened, BTW? I didn't follow the
matter closely but the most recent issue seems to have been a matter of
misleading the police into questioning someone in an effort to cause
trouble with that person's employer. That's bad, of course, but a far
cry from threats of violence. Let's not get hysterical and play the
"won't someone think of the children?" card without some indication that
it's actually meaningful.