[WikiEN-l] Delete Daniel Brandt

Conrad Dunkerson conrad.dunkerson at worldnet.att.net
Sun Jun 11 18:44:25 UTC 2006

* Phil Sandifer wrote:
> But, after thinking about it, its my belief that the Foundation owes
> its editors and admins the protections it can give. And one of those
> is offering to delete Brandt's article in exchange for the removal of
> the Hive Mind site.

I understand where you are coming from, but I don't think it would be
effective. To all appearances Brandt has strongly held 'objections' to the
fundamental nature of Wikipedia... and Google... and individually wrapped
cheese slices.

Surely he will continue to find things he disagrees with even if the
article about him is removed. Some of the people he has 'gone after' had
little or no connection to that article and he has declared a desire to
identify and 'expose' ALL of the admins on Wikipedia (hive mind 2 he calls
it). He claims that allowing anonymous editors and admins is 'a very bad
thing' <tm>. That isn't going to go away if his page does. He has been
able to justify to himself that it is acceptable for him to call people's
employers, suggest to colleagues that they are unethical, intrude into
their personal lives, get the police after them for writing stories, et
cetera... these are not the actions of a man with one little issue that is
easily resolved.

Not to mention... the sort of 'exchange' you are talking about has been
done previously and did not seem to be particularly well received.