[WikiEN-l] Request for the unblock of PatCheng, admin abuse by Blnguyen

Richard Fan richardfanx at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 15:38:18 UTC 2006

==Regarding connections between PatCheng and Fenriswolf==

I deny the so-called connections between me and Fenriswolf from GameFAQs. I
feel see this as a mistake based entirely on hearsay, as all evidence was
provided [[User:YINever|YINever]], while I was blocked before I was given a
chance to defend myself. I am neither Fenriswolf, or an account intended to
"stalk" YINever.

=== Regarding my identity ===

I have been a Wikipedia user since 2004 from the NSW high school based
proxies, IPs, ranging from 203.166.9*.2**. IIRC, some of the edits I have
contributed from the proxy includes: [
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=PlayStation_Portable&diff=prev&oldid=13777813],
[
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Titan_%28Warhammer_40%2C000%29&diff=prev&oldid=19558552],
[
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Doom_3:_Resurrection_of_Evil&diff=prev&oldid=14516683],
[http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Xbox&diff=prev&oldid=3024243], [
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Leon_Lai&diff=prev&oldid=7045331],
[
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Chinatowns_in_Oceania&diff=prev&oldid=8320302].
However the proxy based addresses suffered due to the large amount of
vandalism by students, and frequent admin blocks. In October 2005, the
entire proxy was blocked indefinitely, preventing me from further edits,
until January 2006, when I bought my computer. I signed up to Optus internet
in January, and only 211.30.206.232 and 211.30.206.11 are the ones I
recognise. I deny that 211.30.205.254, 202.147.110.6, 203.222.154.162 and
211.30.215.91 are my IPs, as they has stopped editing since September, when
I was editing via proxy. TJive continued to edit past September, [
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Contributions&offset=20051005184424&limit=50&target=TJive],
and can anyone explain why these edits of him are not reverted, if indeed
I'm the "wikistalker"?

=== My actions on Wikipedia ===
I take full responsibilty for the comments I have made talk pages, and I
regret them. Such are said in anger and in no way reflect my character.
However I feel these are misused by Blnguyen to used to present me as some
sort of vandal and POV pusher. According to him:

''He has complained to me that he has a balanced view and wants democracy
but in the diff regarding inciting hatred, he says that the only wrong thing
that Mao ever did was not kill Jung Chang.''

I don't see anything done to users celebrating al-Zarqawi's death [
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Abu_Musab_al-Zarqawi#DING_DONG], which
someone could also argue "incite hatred against Muslims". Such statements
left by me in talk pages does not, and should not reflect my editing of
Wikipedia articles themselves. In at least three cases I have apologised [
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:PatCheng#Good_afternoon], removed my
comments [
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Talk:Mao_Zedong&diff=next&oldid=50179221].
In other cases I was not made aware of my insults, or assumed that the have
already been deleted by other users per the "soapbox" rule. Had I been made
aware of the comments I made I would have no problem removing them or
apologising to the persons affected.

I have already been blocked 24 hours previously for such personal attacks. I
should not have been punished twice, as the current dispute is about whether
Fenriswolf is my sockpuppet. As no links how been proven that I somehow
process "100s of IPs", Blnguyen merely used my history of personal attacks
as an excuse to block me indefinitely.

=== TJive/YINever's edit war ===

[[User:YINever|YINever]], TJive's sockpuppet was created on May 30th. He
immediatly tracked down and changed several articles on my watchlist, which
we previously fought over, the most bitter over my removal of a personal
attack on the Epoch Times talk page. [
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Talk:The_Epoch_Times&diff=55936938&oldid=55010411].
>From his insistence to restore the the "web spy" comment, to the userbox on
his user page [
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User:YINever&diff=prev&oldid=55876303],
portrayed me not as a legitimate Wikipedia editor, but somehow a "web spy
employed by the Chinese government".

>From my perspective, TJive's edits breaches the NPOV policy, not to mention
his reluctence to use the talk page to solve disputes. I am not the only
editor having problems with TJive, as he and Blnguyen claimed. TJive used
his sockpuppet YINever as well as his many IPs [
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Talk:No_Gun_Ri&diff=57318265&oldid=57289241]
to engage in an edit-war, which he claims as "defending his right to edit",
portraying me as a "wikistalker". I have not edited as anyone else besides
PatCheng, yet I was the one blocked based on YINever's hearsay. TJive has a
previous history of edit wars with over users Ruy Lopez [
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:TJive/Ruy_Lopez] and Comandante.

Here are some of the disputed content:
* "Castro regime" instead of "Cuban government": [
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Carlos_Franqui&diff=prev&oldid=57099570],
[
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Ladies_in_White&diff=prev&oldid=57289358
]

* Brief description content removed: [
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=The_Profits_of_Extermination&diff=prev&oldid=57099584],
[
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Freedom_fighter&diff=prev&oldid=57289346
]

* Deletion of sections; incident "alleged" despite evidence, responce only
following user inquiry: [
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Varela_Project&diff=prev&oldid=57099522],
[
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=No_Gun_Ri&diff=prev&oldid=57286458],
[
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Harry_Magdoff_and_espionage&diff=prev&oldid=57104271
]

* Subject of article being a "Nazi", without corrosponding evidence: [
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=George_Bernard_Shaw&diff=prev&oldid=57286503
]

* Subject "committed suicide", not "murdered", despite my attempts to
include both: [
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Eduardo_Chib%C3%A1s&diff=prev&oldid=57284474
]

* Reinsertion of removed personal attacks: [
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Talk:The_Epoch_Times&diff=57287136&oldid=57286754
]

* Article vandalism: [
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Gay_Mafia&diff=prev&oldid=55146203
]

* Tiananmen Square protests as "bloody supression": [
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Chen_Yonglin&diff=prev&oldid=57104207
]

=== Blnguyen's bias ===

[[User:Blnguyen|Blnguyen]] has only been admin since May 29th, and already
has problems with me. I first encountered Blnguyen in April, where he
reverted two of my edits, in which I stated that claims of a Chinese spy
network and kidnapping of foreigners are "alleged", as they are poorly
sourced. He reverted it, saying that it was apparently my "personal
judgement" and "every country has a spy network" [
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=6-10_Office&diff=48215638&oldid=48211093],
[
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Chen_Yonglin&diff=48215303&oldid=48211478].

On June 7th, I reverted a vandal comment on [[Talk:The Epoch Time]] by
[[User:Web spy killer|Web spy killer]], in which he referred me, an
Australian born citizen, as a "Chinese web spy", and telling me to contact
him [
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Talk:The_Epoch_Times&oldid=55008482].
The vandal and his alternate account, [[User:Freereader|Freereader]], has
vandalised both The Epoch Times article and talk pages, blanking negative
sections and other user's comments. It was reverted by the admin Kungfuadam
[
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Talk:The_Epoch_Times&diff=55010411&oldid=55008482],
before being restored by YINever 5 days later [
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Talk:The_Epoch_Times&diff=next&oldid=55010411],
calling it "restore valuable comment in proper place". YINever has since
taken it to himself, posting the vandal's entire comment on his TJive
userpage [[User:TJive/Web spies]]. Ironically he started reverting other
users talk page comments, calling them "personal attacks" [
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Talk:Abu_Musab_al-Zarqawi&diff=prev&oldid=57546346
]
I fought YINever's IP addresses to delete the comment, as it breaches the
"assume good faith", "WP is not a soapbox", and "no personal attacks"
policies. Before long Blnguyen blocked me for "violating" the 3 revert rule,
when in fact removal of such personal attacks does not violate the 3RR.
Nevertheless Blnguyen refused to bulge, calling me "pro-CCP" and that
somehow because of my previous comments, I'm not allowed to revert other
user's attacks.[
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:PatCheng&diff=next&oldid=57125579].
Because of this, I was forced to email Kungfuadam, who agreed that my
actions does not violate 3RR, and that I should be given a chance to defend
myself from being blocked indifinitely on ANI. [
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:PatCheng&diff=next&oldid=57352998].
Nevertheless, Blnguyen reblocked me before I could defend myself, claiming
that I was ''proclaimed sockpuppeteer, extensive racist attacks, insults,
personal attacks, stalking; endorsed by other admins'', the exact
corrospondence not disclosed.

According to him:

[
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Administrators%27_noticeboard/Incidents#User_proclaiming_sockpuppetryhere]
''I have not extensively looked at his editing of articles, but giving
the repeated racist comments that he has made, I doubt whether he is here to
write an encyclopedia or to push POV and indulge in ideological
head-banging.''

Here he admitted that he did not read any of my article edits, but assumed
that I'm somehow a threat to Wikipedia because of my talk page comments. He
is obviously blind to my 2000+ other edits, where I have moved articles to
proper headings [
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special%3ALog&type=&user=PatCheng&page=],
my categorization of articles, my removal of article vandalism, and my
involvement in editing the large number of Star Wars articles, of which I
was given a Barnstar for by the admin Deckiller. I have never vandalise one
Wikipedia article, and as show in the forementioned cases proved to be quite
capable of dealing with the Wikipedia community. To cast judgement on my
entire Wikipedia history based on my edit-war with TJive and personal
attacks which I have apologised for, shows his severe prejudice in my block.

This is considered as controversial block as per blocking policy, as I have
a substantial history of valid contributions, and and I seek to appeal.
According to WP:BP ''Indefinite blocks should not be used against isolated
incidents of disruption from IP addresses nor against user accounts that
make a mixture of disruptive and useful edits''.

=== Regarding the identity of Fenriswolf ===

I acquainted Fenriswolf last year on QQ, who claims to be an overseas
Chinese student, and apparently an insider into Chinese politics. It is more
than likely he was responsible for the edits on 211.30.205.254,
202.147.110.6, 203.222.154.162 and 211.30.215.91 in September. These are
registered to OptusNet, a large Australian broadband network.

Previously we have colaborated over the editing of articles, as he composes
the changes, while I post them. Currently, however, Fenriswolf is unable to
edit Wikipedia, as his claims to be using an open proxy. He does, however,
keeps track of TJive's account and sockpuppets, and alerts me whenever a
major change by TJive occurs. We both see TJive's changes and his personal
attitude as a threat to Wikipedia's integrity.

=== Should Fenriswolf's forum post be evidence? ===

The admin automatically accepted Fenriswolf's forum post as "evidence".
According to them, I'm now in procession of "hundreds of IPs" to flood
YINever, even though how a student would have access to such resources is
beyond me. Fenriswolf later "admitted" to "owning" my account, and I become
automatically blocked.

Should Fenriswolf's post be taken seriously? From my Gamefaqs account, I can
see that YINever created the topic to boast at his apparent "victory" in
getting me blocked 24 hours. Fenriswolf later posted there, first claiming
that he has procession of hundreds of IPs, then stealing my password, and
later "owning" my account. I see Fenriswolf's claims as merely a boast to
make YINever believe his exaggerated comments, and later making a fool of
himself. YINever himself takes pleasure in my apparent block, and gloated
over me that I'm some sort of web spy sent to "harass" him. He targets
innocent users such as me and RevolverOcelotX, who was proven [
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Requests_for_checkuser#PatCheng] to
be a separate user.

I deny being the Wikipedia account of Fenriswolf. According to Fenriswolf's
user page, he created his account in November 2002, when I was in year 9. My
accounts on Gamefaqs are the banned account drag0nwarrior, and Eegah2004, of
which I did not create until early 2005.

==Requests==

I do not regard myself as a "wikistalker" or a "POV pusher", as stated by
YINever and Blnguyen, but a victim of TJive's sockpuppeting and scheming,
and Blnguyen's administrator abuse and bias. I have contributed 2000+ useful
edits to wikipedia, disregarded by Blnguyen, and it would be very unjust to
have my editing previliges wrongfully taken away. I request that this case
be settled in the Mediation Comittee by a more experienced bureaucrat or
administrator.