[WikiEN-l] [[WP:OURS]] - A proposal for admin-user relations

Resid Gulerdem resid_gulerdem at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 10 09:49:39 UTC 2006

>From: Resid Gulerdem <resid_gulerdem at yahoo.com>
>To: jwales at wikia.com
>CC: wikien-l at Wikipedia.org
>Subject: [WikiEN-l] [[WP:OURS]] - A proposal for
admin-user relations
>Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 03:51:58 -0700 (PDT)
>
> >From: Jimmy Wales <jwales at wikia.com>
> >To: English Wikipedia <wikien-l at Wikipedia.org>
> >Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] To: Jimmy Wales -
>Admin-driven death of Wikipedia
> >Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2006 18:07:18 -0500
> >
> >Resid Gulerdem wrote:
> > >    The admins are only part of the community now
>and
> > > will stay like that in the future, as far as I
can
> > > see. Are some modifications needed in your
>opinion? I
> > > believe the answer is yes. I do not know if you
>could
> > > see the proposal [[WP:OURS]] I posted on this
list
> > > recently. I think it can be useful and can be
> > > developed further. I tried to outline some
>important
> > > points which may reduce the conflicts between
the
> > > admins and the users. If you saw it, do you
think
>it
> > > is feasible?
> >
> >I see no reference to WP:OURS in google, so I am
>unable to comment.  Can
> >you send it to me?
>
>The proposal [[WP:OURS]] is below. Since I am
>referring to another proposal
[[Wikipedia:Wikiethics]]
>in this proposal, I copy-pasted the updated version
of
>the Wikiethics proposal below too for your
>convenience. Right after the proposals, I provided
>further explanations about them.

Mr. Wales,

I was wondering if you could review the proposals. If
you think that the concerns are valid and that the
suggestions made in the proposals has some merit, I
would be glad to discuss the issue (not the problems
but the possible solutions which I think are
reasonable) further. I have a couple of similar
suggestions that I believe are critical and can be
useful to gently modify the structure of the project
and prepare it for the future if it will be expanding
in the years to come.

Sincerely,

Resid