[WikiEN-l] A meta-question re "non-negotiable"

Arie van Buuren arie2 at tien.biz
Sat Jun 10 05:53:01 UTC 2006

Several months ago the [[WP:NPOV]] policy was edited declaring this and
two other policies "non-negotiable":
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia%3ANeutral_point_of_view&diff=38528394&oldid=38423362

This is true in article space, but seemed to restrict future consensus in
project space. After discussion on the [[WP:NPOV]] talk page I've edited the
three policy pages and hope the changes wil stick/be improved:
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia%3ANeutral_point_of_view&diff=57829917&oldid=57696459

I'm posting this here to hopefully get some additional input. Please let me
know your thoughts.

I also have a not unimportant related question for Jimbo: Am I right in
interpreting "NPOV is absolute and non-negotiable" as only applying to
Wikipedia's being written from the neutral point of view as a fundamental
principle? Or does it also apply to (parts of) [[WP:NPOV]] and related
policies?

Thanks,

Arie [[User:Avb]]