[WikiEN-l] Aww, so cute, a banned user is trying to take us down with a DMCA notice (Forwarded email)

Anthony DiPierro wikilegal at inbox.org
Tue Jun 6 22:39:36 UTC 2006

On 6/5/06, Philip Welch <wikipedia at philwelch.net> wrote:
> It's still against the rules to give legal advice for free, because
> the rules are made by lawyers, and lawyers' business is giving legal
> advice.

Fortunately here in the US there's that rule about free speech which
would trump any such law against stating facts about the law.

Giving *bad* legal advice (for free or for a price), pretending to be
a lawyer, or practicing law, on the other hand...  That's trickier.

This is not legal advice.  I am not a lawyer.  :)

Anthony