[WikiEN-l] [[WP:OURS]] - A proposal for admin-user relations

Scott Stevenson wikinetscott at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 14:56:39 UTC 2006

The highly disruptive (on both Wiki-En and Wiki-Tr) and now permanently
blocked editor [[User:Rgulerdem]] (Resid Gulerdem) started a policy called
[[Wikipedia:Wikiethics]] that was soundly rejected by the community. A month
or two later due to his highly repetitive disruptiveness Resid Gulerdem
became permanently blocked (with much of his disruptions stemming from his
demonstration of ownership relative to Wikiethics). Resid Gulerdem's
permanent block was lifted under the mentoship of [[User:Johntex]] who
recommended that Gulerdem proceed with developing the formerly rejected
policy proposal he founded in his own user space where he could exercise the
kind of ownership control upon it that he needed. Resid Gulerdem became
permanently blocked again after Check User evidence proved he'd returned to
his disruptive ways while editing on [[Fethullah Gülen]] due to his not
following his mentor's advice to refrain from such behavior.  After Resid
Gulerdem's permanent block he returned to editing his user page policy using
anoymous IP addresses (in the 216.xxx.xx.xx range - From University of
Indiana) (see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Requests_for_CheckUser/Rgulerdem ).
Admin [[User:Cyde]] became aware of a banned editor editing in his user
space and deleted this user space copy of the Wikiethics policy to
discourage the return of the banned editor. Just prior to the deletion of
Resid Gulerdem's user page version of Wikiethics [[User:Raphael1]] (Raphael
Wegmann) saved a copy sensing that Resid Gulerdem's copy was about to be
rightly deleted. Raphael Wegmann mentioned having saved a copy of Resid's
user page in his own user space here on the Wiki-En-I mail list though which
admin [[User:Thebainer]] became aware of this additional copy and deleted it
"because of the GFDL requirement that the history of all pages be kept". Now
Raphael Wegmann wants Resid Gulerdem's original user space copy of
Wikiethics to be undeleted so that he can get his own user space copy
undeleted. Essentially this whole thing has been a rather large waste of
time as an extension of Resid Gulerdem's disruptive ways and Raphael Wegmann
appears to fail to realize this.

Hope that helps you understand the situation.

Sincerely,

-Scott Stevenson [[User:Netscott]]