[WikiEN-l] [[WP:OURS]] - A proposal for admin-user relations

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 14:19:35 UTC 2006

On 6/5/06, Stephen Bain <stephen.bain at gmail.com> wrote:
> I deleted it because copy and paste moves of pages are unacceptable
> normally, and especially unacceptable when the original page is
> deleted, because of the GFDL requirement that the history of all pages
> be kept. If you want the content, you need to post to DRV about the
> original page, since there is no possibility that the copy will be
> restored.

Um, slow down a little bit.

User A posts some content
Admin B deletes the content, erasing its history
User C reposts the content as a service to user A
Admin D (or B?) redeletes the content, citing the lack of history preservation!

Did user A complain about the lack of history?

I haven't seen the deletion reviews or whatever, but what is so bad
about this content that it has been (speedy? unilaterally?) deleted
like this? Sure, it's probably a bad proposal, but we've seen millions
of those. What's going on here?

Steve