[WikiEN-l] cancelation of the deletion review of the satanism userbox

Peter Ansell ansell.peter at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 00:25:12 UTC 2006

On 6/2/06, Alphax (Wikipedia email) <alphasigmax at gmail.com> wrote:
> Nick Boalch wrote:
> > Steve Summit wrote:
> >> If you honestly believe, in this society, that there is no difference between
> >> saying "I am a Christian" and "I am a Satanist", you are either being wilfully
> >> ignorant, or disruptive to make a point.
> >
> > Well, as far as I'm concerned the only difference between Christianity
> > and Satanism (whether Theistic or LaVeyan) is that Christianity was made
> > up longer ago...
> >

> Well, as far as I'm concerned the only difference between you and a
> banned troll is that you're not banned yet...

If you feel like making bold statements (ie, banning) based on someone
saying that two religions do not provoke inflammatory responses in
their view, then feel free and go ahead. It would be a dangerous
precedent but isn't that what WP:BOLD is all about, being bold and
putting your views down in a tangible way.

Peter Ansell