[WikiEN-l] Re: Another AfD example -- a serious proposal to fix it

Michael Snow wikipedia at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 21 17:56:43 UTC 2006

John Lee wrote:

> Alphax (Wikipedia email) wrote:
>
>> People who quite honestly couldn't give a Royal Flying Rat's Arse if
>> what they are doing is harmful, so long as they "purge crap" from the
>> encyclopedia.
>
> What's wrong with purging crap from the encyclopaedia? Nothing wrong
> there. And as for "don't care if what they are doing is harmful", I
> challenge you to name me anyone who you think seriously holds that
> philosophy.

The problem isn't with purging crap from the encyclopedia. It's that
some people have very poor judgment in terms of what constitutes
"purging crap", or they're in such a tearing hurry to purge the crap
that they fail to exercise their normally good judgment about whether
something is actually crap.

--Michael Snow