[WikiEN-l] Re: Ads on Wikipedia?

Ilya N. ilyanep at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 02:44:18 UTC 2006

As soon as we introduce ads, then policy will be dictated by the
companies, not us (we all know how it works)

If Wikipedia stops being as it is then I will strongly consider
leaving the project

On 12/30/05, Ben Emmel <bratsche1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Some food for thought:
>
> http://business.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,9075-1962714,00.html
>
> In an interview, Jimbo discusses the possibilities of ads eventually on the
> Wikipedia, due to the huge number of page views that we get.
>
> Also mentioned is the large-scale rejection of ads by the "wikitopeans"
> [sic] in the community.
>

> --
> Ben Emmel
> Wikipedia - User:Bratsche
> bratsche1 at gmail.com
> "A fool sees not the same tree that a wise man sees."
> -- William Blake

~Ilya N.
http://w3stuff.com/ilya/ (My website; DarkLordFoxx Media)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Ilyanep (on Wikipedia)