[WikiEN-l] Ads on Wikipedia?

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Sun Jan 1 02:01:33 UTC 2006

charles matthews wrote:

> If $750000 was spent in 2005, it's hardly a shoestring.  A 'low'
> yearly fee - would be relative to the income of a developed-world
> person in work, or a villager in Asia or Africa in
> subsistence.agriculture?

The other problem with $5 per annum fees is the cost of administration
It takes just as long to enter $5.00 in the books as it does $5,000.00.
Then one has to track who has paid and who has not, and when memberships
expire notify them that the time has come to pay again.  With enough
members we may even need a full-time paid bookkeeper(s).

Ec