[WikiEN-l] CVU -> WP:CVP? (was The Counter Vandalism Unit? Whaa?

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 09:13:05 UTC 2006

On 2/9/06, Jay Converse <supermo0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> The fact of the matter is that there are a LOT of people who have seen fit
> to ignore the vandalism fight.  Some because they're simply better at other
> things and find it a waste of theirs and others time to devote themselves to
> something they're not as good at, some because they've done it for a while

And speaking for myself, it's like choosing not to join the brigade of
people putting out fires with buckets of water until people install
smoke detectors and sprinkler systems, and until the brigade is
equipped with decent fire engines and hire powered hoses.

Yes, that's a bit snobby. But hopefully I'm helping the project in other ways.

Steve