[WikiEN-l] Re: Improving articles during AfD

Daniel P. B. Smith dpbsmith at verizon.net
Thu Oct 13 21:59:28 UTC 2005

From: Keith Old <keithold at gmail.com>

> When I improve articles on AfD, which is a regular occurrence, I
> leave notes
> on the discussion noting the changes and people regularly change their
> votes. If the vote us running heavily for deletion, I drop a note
> on the
> voters page letting them know that I have improved the article.
>
> There hasn't been a case yet where the vote hasn't changed
> significantly.
> AfD voters are reasonable people and will reconsider their vote if
> presented
> with new information. You just have to tell them that the article
> has been
> improved..

     This has been my experience to date. To the best of my
recollection EVERY
     article I have improved during an AfD/VfD has been kept.

     For a recent example, see:

     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/
Hanukkah_bush

     (the FIRST discussion; scroll down to "Closed discussion from 5
September
     nomination of Hanukkah bush").
     (The rewritten article was renominated for deletion by someone
whom I believe
     to be pushing a POV and kept again).

Daniel P. B. Smith, dpbsmith at verizon.net
"Elinor Goulding Smith's Great Big Messy Book" is now back in print!
Sample chapter at http://world.std.com/~dpbsmith/messy.html
Buy it at http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1403314063/