[WikiEN-l] Re: Improving articles during AfD

dpbsmith at verizon.net dpbsmith at verizon.net
Thu Oct 13 20:36:55 UTC 2005

From: Keith Old <keithold at gmail.com>

>When I improve articles on AfD, which is a regular occurrence, I leave notes
on the discussion noting the changes and people regularly change their
votes. If the vote us running heavily for deletion, I drop a note on the
voters page letting them know that I have improved the article.

>There hasn't been a case yet where the vote hasn't changed significantly.
AfD voters are reasonable people and will reconsider their vote if presented
with new information. You just have to tell them that the article has been
improved...

This has been my experience to date. To the best of my recollection EVERY
article I have improved during an AfD/VfD has been kept.

For a recent example, see:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Hanukkah_bush

(the FIRST discussion; scroll down to "Closed discussion from 5 September
nomination of Hanukkah bush").

(The rewritten article was renominated for deletion by someone whom I believe
to be pushing a POV and kept again).