[WikiEN-l] Blocked after making several edits - accused of "vandalism"?!

Sean Barrett sean at epoptic.org
Mon May 30 23:21:31 UTC 2005

advert stated for the record:

> I would like to be unblocked and be allowed to add a feminist perspective to the entry which I edited. I don't think the entry as it stands is "neutral".

Your edits were not vandalism, but they were not acceptable.  Stating as
a fact that "[p]ornography ... is the representation of the human body
or [[human sexual behaviour]] mainly from a male supremacist
perspective" is highly opinionated.  That statement represents an
extreme point of view that most editors and readers will not agree with
and will quickly edit away.

Something along the lines of "many feminists feel that pornography
represents a male supremacist perspective" would be slightly better, but
would require a definition of "male supremacist perspective."

Also, we are not interested in your personal definitions of
"pornography" and "erotica."  If those definitions were created
elsewhere, please provide references.

You may want to suggest changes on the article's talk page and ask for
help in wording them so as to conform to the (obligatory) neutral point
of view.

--
  Sean Barrett
  sean at epoptic.com