[WikiEN-l] Blocked after making several edits - accused of "vandalism"?!

advert advert at ziplip.com
Mon May 30 22:53:13 UTC 2005

I am new to editing Wikipedia and had never previously registered. I did not realise this was even a requirement to register in order to make changes to an entry. I was blocked after trying to make several edits to the page. I was unaware that editing a page was somehow an offense worth blocking considering that there is an "edit this page" tab at the top of the entry and that is what I was doing - editing the page. Wikipedia should remove the "edit this page" link for unregistered users if that is not what it is for.

I have been accused of "vandalism" and blocked:

"Your user name or IP address has been blocked by Brian0918.
The reason given is this:
numerous repeated vandalisms
You can email Brian0918 or one of the other administrators to discuss the block..."

Please take a look at my edits for "pornography" as of 5/30/05. I don't consider that my edits were "vandalism" nor do I believe that they meet Wikipedia definition given here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Dealing_with_vandalism

"for example someone replacing the entire page with profanity, or adding a page with useless or offensive content."

I did NOT replace the entire page, use profanity, or add "useless" or "offensive" content. I added a feminist perspective which I considered sorely lacking on the site entry and I deleted content that I thought was offensive. If that is considered useless or offensive content then Wikipedia had better check its own "neutral point of view".

Also, as I am completely new to editing on Wikipedia, I was  unaware of the "neutral point of view" policy until later and I don't consider the entry that I was trying to edit to have been "neutral" as it was before I started to even edit it.

I would like to be unblocked and be allowed to add a feminist perspective to the entry which I edited. I don't think the entry as it stands is "neutral".