[WikiEN-l] Re: [Wikipedia-l] Schools on en:(wasDoImisunderstandWikipedia

Tony Sidaway minorityreport at bluebottle.com
Thu May 19 19:51:38 UTC 2005

JAY JG said:
>>From: "Tony Sidaway" <minorityreport at bluebottle.com>
>>JAY JG said:
>> > You obviously do; you've even voted to delete some schools.
>>
>>Haven't we all?
>
> Nope.
>
>> > The
>> > organized  inclusionists do not read the article, nor do they
>> > believe they should have  to; for them, including all school
>> > articles is a matter of "principle",  usually of the "Wikipedia is
>> > not paper" and/or "schools are intrinsically  notable" sort.
>> >

>>Well that's a very serious charge.  You're accusing some unnamed people
>>of making bogus votes on VfD--copy-pasted and without looking at the
>>article in question.
>>Do you have some evidence to support this?
>
> "Very serious charge"?  Get real, this is a Wikipedia mail-list.  As
> for  evidence, here's one example of an editor who took some valuable
> time out of  editing Pokemon related articles to make 17 identical keep
> votes on schools  in 9 minutes, and soon after another 10 identical
> keep votes in 4 minutes:
> [http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Contributions&target=Ketsuban]>
>  Several times she was able to get in 3 keep votes a minute.  I envy
>  her
> her internet connection; I couldn't have even gotten to all those VfD
> pages  in that time, much less read the related article, edited, voted,
> saved, and  returned.

Well that's Ketsy, bless her socks.  I first bumped into her the other day
when I happened to revert one of her edits on
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bisexuality and she went to talk.  Nobody's
roboposter.

Funny thing is, Ketsy's *first* Vfd vote against a schools listing was
just two days ago, and she has been editing since February and
participating occasionally on VfD since early March.

So I don't think you can class her as one of these "organized inclusionists".

Try again.