[WikiEN-l] The schools table

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Thu May 19 17:29:28 UTC 2005

On 5/19/05, JAY JG <jayjg at hotmail.com> wrote:
> >And on a side note, I'm rather suprised to find myself--long classed by
> >some as a ruthless deletionist, described here as an extreme inclusionist.
>
> Described where as "an extreme inclusionist"?

That is my ba:, I've used that label on Tony, if not here then on the
wiki and on IRC.
I don't do it as an insult, for I don't think it's something someone
should find insulting... But rather statement about how I see his
position: At the far inclusionist end of the spectrum.

Tony has suggested in his previous comments on the list that it would
probably good for me to generate an article for every roadway
intersection that I can get solid verifiable information on...

I don't mean to claim that Tony would support keeping nonsense, for
such people I'd probably use the word vandal :).  Just that he has a
liberal idea of what should be included as compared to mine, and that
there are few would would wish to include more (the only things left
that Tony would not include are things that are not possibly NPOV and
things that are not verifiable, and I think we have near consensus on
those requirements being a bare minimum for inclusion).

I've used the title inclusionist rather than saying Tony because he is
not alone in his position and I have no issue with him. I use the term
not to criticize Tony but to make sure that I am not singling him out.