[WikiEN-l] Re: Announcing a policy proposal

Timwi timwi at gmx.net
Mon May 16 15:57:16 UTC 2005

steven l. rubenstein wrote:

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Neutral_point_of_view/BCE-CE_Debate

OMG, not again.

You know, I've always found this AD vs. CE debate extremely stupid.
Like, as if renaming "AD" to "CE" would immediately, suddenly and
magically remove all connections with any religion! Guys, it's still the
number of years after Jesus' birth, whether you like it or not.

Also, some people in this discussion have drawn parallels between this
and imperial units of measurement. HELLOOOO?! It's not really like you
need to *convert* between the two, you know?! Or maybe I just somehow
missed that 1 year CE is actually equivalent to 3.573495764 years AD?

Have you thought that there may be alien civilisations out there? Using
our Earth year as measurement of time is POV!!

Head-shaking,
Timwi