[WikiEN-l] Abuse of blocking privileges

Leif Knutsen vyer at earthlink.net
Mon May 9 01:42:56 UTC 2005

User:Jtdirl blocked me (Leifern) for allegedly violating the 5 reverts in 24 hour rule.  This is both unreasonable and an abuse of his admin privileges, for the following reasons:
- There are actually 4 reverts in about 4 hours
- The reversions were of deletions of graphs - since it's simply not possible to reword images, I had little option besides reverting the deletions
- The person who kept deleting the graphs did very little to justify them besides saying that they were irrelevant
- My adversary (Geni, also an admin) reverted three times, but this apparently didn't bother Jtdirl
- Jtdirl has an axe to grind - we had an editing dispute that he lost about heirs apparent - I can't help but think this is a vindictive act.
- Jtdirl gave no warning, made no effort to mediate, simply went ahead and blocked

I don't know what the remedy for this is, but I would propose that both Jtdirl and Geni lose their admin privileges.  If I am not unblocked immediately, I am happy to find another hobby.  I believe my contributions speak for themselves - that would be a great loss for the WP community.