[WikiEN-l] Abuse of your services

Tony Sidaway minorityreport at bluebottle.com
Fri May 6 18:15:22 UTC 2005

> On 5/6/05, Josh Gordon <joshua.p.gordon at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Mperel made a good point about this elsewhere: "So does this mean you
> would support listing the name of high school girls awarded the name
> "slut" by their male peers under the respective high school articles,
> since it would simply be reporting the verifiable fact that boys at
> high school xyz have called girl abc a "slut"?" --MPerel

Precisely.  The article says AUK called Wollmann a kook because one day in
early 1998 I decided the guy's activities were amusingly self-defeating.
About forty people agreed (they had open voting in those days) and he
joined the likes of Archimedes Plutonium as a Kook of the Month.  He's
been nominated and awarded countless times since.
However I was rather naive in those days.  I believed and still believe
that Wollmann's behavior isn't so much of a problem--he's easily ignored.
However perhaps because of my actions some people seem to have dedicated
large amounts of their lives to denigrating him, and seem to take him
rather more seriously than he really deserves.  I think it would be better
if we didn't feed these people's beliefs that Wollmann is noteworthy and
their long, long jihad is worthy.