[WikiEN-l] RE: Corrected (was: Abuse of your services)

Alphax alphasigmax at gmail.com
Fri May 6 13:17:23 UTC 2005

Astrological Consulting wrote:
> You OBVIOUSLY haven't a clue about the law: Defamation= Injuring
> someone's character or reputation by making false and malicious
> statements about him to other people. The law recognizes a difference
> between defamation and mere criticism of an individual. Criticism
> deals only with matters that legitimately invite public attention or
> call for public comment. In contrast, defamation usually involves a
> person's private life and domestic affairs. Calling a woman a
> prostitute or a banker an embezzler, or an astrologer or consultant a
> fraud on a television, radio or usenet public forum are examples of
> defamation. The term defamation includes both libel and slander.

So I can't call a woman who has sex for money a "prostitute", a banker
who has stolen from their company an "embezzler", a person (regardless
of occupation) claiming to be something they clearly are not a "fraud",
because that amounts to defamation?

I'll need to add all that to [[free speech]] then.

> Edmond H. Wollmann P.M.A.F.A.

By the way, what does PMAFA stand for?

--
Alphax