[WikiEN-l] Abuse of your services

Alex Regh Alex.Here at gmx.net
Fri May 6 00:48:55 UTC 2005

Hi!

On Thu, 5 May 2005 15:11:30 -0600, <slimvirgin at gmail.com> wrote:

>Josh, the problem is that we could use Usenet to ridicule any number
>of people simply by creatring an article about a Usenet group, and
>then saying we're only reporting what it does.

Well, I have to disagree there - this particular newsgroup was not only made
for the explicit discussion of kooks, and a while ago, too. It also takes
something to get elected "kook of the year", not to mention "kook of the
millenium". So that is decidedly not the same as quoting random posts, which
indeed *could* under specific circumstances be unfair and/or lead to legal
trouble.

Alex
--
If you don't go over the top,