[WikiEN-l] Abuse of your services

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Thu May 5 21:05:15 UTC 2005

slimvirgin at gmail.com wrote:

>Right, I agree. But then there's no need to name the award winners. As
>soon as you do that, you're reporting that X was said about John
>Smith. You're not commenting on the truth of it, but you're repeating
>the allegation. Therefore, it must have been published by a credible,
>secondary source. That's our policy.

Where do we have such a policy?  Primary sources are perfectly fine for
verifying allegations made by that source.  For example, if a  U.S.
Congressman were to make a speech in which he alleged something, a
transcript of the speech would be a perfectly acceptable source for
this---we don't have to cite a newspaper report on the speech instead.

-Mark