[WikiEN-l] RE: Corrected (was: Abuse of your services)

David 'DJ' Hedley spyders at btinternet.com
Thu May 5 21:11:14 UTC 2005

>> B. Wikipedia *MAY* report that those jerks on Usenet have branded >> you
>> kook. (Read the part about Wikipedia NOT endorsing that label.)

I think that, looking at the previous way that the report was presented, it
was written in a way that possibly seemed more like the anonymous user was
calling him a kook than reporting it. Thus, Wikipedia was calling him a
kook. If it had been written as something along the lines of "Persons that
the newsgroup have labelled a 'kook' include [name], who was given the title
of 'Kook of the Millenium'" then there would be no reasonable argument
against its inclusion.