[WikiEN-l] Redress against personal attack?

Fred Bauder fredbaud at ctelco.net
Fri Jun 3 12:26:19 UTC 2005

There are no untouchables, however, this incident will be looked at
in the context of all of Ambi's behavior, which means that it is
unlikely that we will dump all over someone who generally acts in a
responsible way. It is possible for a Wikipedia user to destroy their
reputation by repeatedly trading on it in an inappropriate way, but
it takes a series of incidents.

As to a channel of redress, begin with Ambi. As to whether further
steps are appropriate, use common sense. Are we dealing with an
important problem or an isolated incident?

Fred