[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia quoted on air! (without credit, unfortunately!)

Arwel Parry arwel at cartref.demon.co.uk
Thu Jan 13 13:34:21 UTC 2005

On this morning's phone-in on BBC Radio Five Live, about the furore
about Prince Harry wearing a Nazi uniform to a fancy dress party, the
host, Victoria Derbyshire, read a history of the swastika's use in
eastern religions -- I thought "that sounds familiar", and sure enough
it turns out to be the last paragraph of the introduction of our
[[Swastika]] article, with a couple of sub-clauses omitted.

You can hear it on "Listen again" at
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/fivelive_aod.shtml?morning# until
tomorrow's show goes up -- click the +15 minutes button three times as
soon as the programme begins, and you'll be right in the middle of the
quote.

--
Arwel Parry
http://www.cartref.demon.co.uk/