[WikiEN-l] On Transparency

Michelle Kinney jareth at crimsonblade.net
Tue Dec 27 20:27:33 UTC 2005

Steven Ericsson Zenith wrote:

> A brief contrarian point of view.  If Wikipedia is to succeed in any
> measure to move beyond its tabloid status then transparency is essential.
> That is, every admin must necessarily have their identity exposed and
> it surprises me somewhat to see the resistance here - and I find it
> hard to justify.

Ah, but admins don't control the content, do they?  In just a quick
glance at several of the encyclopedias I have lying around, none of them
mention who wrote each article, most don't source their facts and many
don't have editors listed by name anywhere in the set.  What makes
Wikipedia so special?

Jareth (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Jareth)