[WikiEN-l] Brandt wishes to release personal details of all Wikipedia admins

Violet/Riga violetriga at gmail.com
Sun Dec 25 01:26:18 UTC 2005

According to a thread at the Wikipedia Review forum (
http://wikipediareview.proboards78.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1134797879&page=1)
Daniel Brandt is wishing to name every Wikipedia admin, expanding the
Hivemind page (http://www.wikipedia-watch.org/hivemind.html) to include all
such details.

To quote that post:

*I've identified about four or five new ones in just the last couple of
days. There are 613 active admins on Wikipedia's current list. I'd like to
do them all. But it would take a long time. To do a reasonably thorough
search can require an hour or so. Maybe what's needed is a description of
how to do it -- a flow chart.

For example, besides Google, Yahoo, and MSN, you cannot forget Google
Groups. One guy I identified was found using his real name on Usenet back in
1994, but ever since 1995 was only using his screen name.

Many old-timers have left a trail of breadcrumbs on the Internet, and that
probably includes about half of the current admins.

Putting together a project like this would be a very strong statement
against letting anonymous Wikipedian admins play games with biographies of
living persons. It would even make the newbies reluctant to wikifiddle with
biographies.*

I think this is starting to go too far now.

~~~~ Violet/Riga