[WikiEN-l] Verbose results from the Britannica vs. Wikipedia paperon nature.com

charles matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Fri Dec 23 17:37:05 UTC 2005

"Mathias Schindler" wrpte

> There was way too much misinterpretation done by the press (mostly "in
> favour" of wikipedia, which is not a good thing).

True.  But having looked at the kind of 'error' we are talking about, I'm
reassured.  It is clear that the reviewers (of high calibre, where names are
those I know) were highly variable in what they picked up on.  Some at least
of the points were simply pedantic, and it is inevitable to get some of
those, unless you write in the style of an academic paper.

Charles