[WikiEN-l] Original research vs. Fact-checking (Wikipedia:Biographies of living persons)

MacGyverMagic/Mgm macgyvermagic at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 18:52:57 UTC 2005

I agree with you Sydey, that biographies should be accurate, but
taking information straight from the subject constitutes original
research and since we can't see their identification papers it's not
verifiable.

How do you suppose we verify the correctness of a given birthdate if
there's no newspapers or books stating the date the subject says is
correct.

(And don't forget you need to verify you're actually talking to the
subject to begin with)

Mgm