[WikiEN-l] A newbie on article prefill templating

David Gerard fun at thingy.apana.org.au
Tue Dec 20 21:36:53 UTC 2005

Fl Celloguy wrote:

> Apologies for my ignorance, but could someone explain what a pre-filled
> template is? Is it just having default text in the create new article
> page? I must have missed the beginning of the discussion. Thanks!

Pretty much. I floated the idea here:

 http://mail.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikien-l/2005-December/034414.html

I had one newbie who wrote a good first article with a lot of help from
the new article patrollers putting {{unreferenced}} and
{{uncategorised}} templates on their tentative article, and they said
something like this would have helped a *lot*. That blank article box is
*scary* if you've never seen it before.

- d.