[WikiEN-l] Re: Re: Defamatory Biographies - another problemloomingforWikipedia?

Phil Boswell phil.boswell at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 09:22:52 UTC 2005

"Bryan Derksen" <bryan.derksen at shaw.ca> wrote in
message news:43A6F5E0.7040809 at shaw.ca...
> Phil Boswell wrote:
>>I was going to suggest that {{lifetime}} and/or {{lived}} could be
>>modified so that the death date was optional, and lack thereof would put
>>the article into [[Category:Living people]], but given the recent furore
>>over conditional templates, maybe now is not the time...:-(
>>Also, I note that these templates have been listed for instant
>>Substitution, so the information wouldn't actually stick anyway :-(
> What? Why, and where? The whole reason I use those templates instead of
> just putting in categories is for their potential future mutability, for
> _exactly_ the possibility you just mentioned.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Template_substitution#Article
namespace

I discovered it when I found myself converting a pair of birth/death
categories in the saem article again, and discovered that a bot was goind
around SUBSTituting them according to the guidline on that page.

Let discussion ensue :-)

HTH HAND
--
Phil