[WikiEN-l] Improper block redux

Mark Gallagher m.g.gallagher at student.canberra.edu.au
Mon Dec 19 03:31:51 UTC 2005

G'day Stephen,

> On 12/19/05, Kurt Maxwell Weber <kmw at armory.com> wrote:
>
>> karmafist has now re-blocked me, this time indefinitely.  He and
>> David Gerard both base their actions on totally baseless
>> assumptions about my psychology, motives, and intentions.
>
> <snip all the ranting>
>
> You don't seem to have been blocked indefinitely:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special%3ALog&type=block&user=&page=User%3AKmweber
>
> Unless your IP was blocked for trying to circumvent a block. If you
> want to dispute the block then take it to the proper channels, don't
> try to get around it.

Difficult as it is to defend Kurt, I was under the impression that this
*was* one of the proper channels.

Don't we tell people, if you can't get a different admin to unblock you
probably deserve to be blocked?  Seems a bit unfair to then say to a
blocked user that he shouldn't have come to a list he knows
admins-other-than-the-blocker read and ask to be unblocked.

--
Mark Gallagher
"What?  I can't hear you, I've got a banana on my head!"