[WikiEN-l] Improve quality by reviewing all new articles

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Sat Dec 17 03:26:39 UTC 2005

Brian wrote:

>[[Wikipedia:Speedy deletion patrol]]
>
>That's a great idea, I'd personally like to see an undeletion accompanied by
>a little cleanup. There's plenty of out-of-process speedy deletion but a lot
>of them were in pretty sad shape (which is probably partly what got them
>speedied in the first place). I know some admins don't like when someone
>restores something they speedied but if it was also cleaned up a bit I doubt
>if anyone would object...

I've undeleted a few things in recent days (though I doubt I'll be
adding my name to the patroller list, looks too much like "work" :), and
in pretty much every case I immediately did an edit of some sort to the
article so that I could at least explain why I undeleted it in the edit
summary. Most had obvious cleanup to do, but even those that don't
probably still have a speedy deletion template on them that'll need
removing.

Perhaps a future edition of the MediaWiki software might add an "insert
reason here"-type field for undeletions, like it has for deletions?