[WikiEN-l] Improve quality by reviewing all new articles

David Gerard fun at thingy.apana.org.au
Fri Dec 16 20:57:53 UTC 2005

Brian wrote:

> That's a great idea, I'd personally like to see an undeletion accompanied by
> a little cleanup. There's plenty of out-of-process speedy deletion but a lot
> of them were in pretty sad shape (which is probably partly what got them
> speedied in the first place). I know some admins don't like when someone
> restores something they speedied but if it was also cleaned up a bit I doubt
> if anyone would object...

Well, that's the point - we're all admins there, so basic judgemental
skills can be assumed. The idea is to *reduce* hassle for the newpages
patrollers - that they're not expected to be perfect.

And to reduce the ridiculous bureaucracy and resulting rancor
surrounding the whole deletion process on en:.

It doesn't cut through the [[Gordian Knot]] of en: deletion bureaucracy,
but I think it will help pick a few threads out of it.

> I'd still like to see tag and bag though.....

No reason not to do that too.

(I need to do some SPD myself, for that matter ...)

- d.