[WikiEN-l] more Kennedy assassination fun

David Gerard fun at thingy.apana.org.au
Fri Dec 16 22:22:18 UTC 2005

Abigail Brady wrote:

> Someone has made this article
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_People_suggested_to_have_been_involved_in_the_Kennedy_Assassination
> Some choice quotes from this :
> "The two persons at the top of the list of suspects have always been
> Fidel Castro and President Lyndon B. Johnson. " and "There are even a
> few people who believe that Lee Harvey Oswald had something to do with
> it."
> It then gives a big list of names, including J. Edgar Hoover,

Oh boy!

> I think the article should be speedily deleted, and the author banned
> for being clearly insane.  However, I'm not sure whether present
> policy would allow me to unilaterally do that - and I'm pretty sure
> I'd get a lot of hassle out of doing that.  So I'm bringing this to
> your attention.

It's probably an encyclopedic *topic*, even if the present article is
shite. Mind you, it'd need referencing on the level of the Worst Movies
Ever list.

> We need to be able to summarily ban crazies.

We come close. Act too batshit for the wiki and watch the summary block
come down, and no-one move a finger to lift it. [[Wikipedia is not]]
therapy; in particular, Wikipedia is not [[chlorpromazine]].

- d.